What should I expect at my first visit?

To begin our therapists conduct a thorough review of your medical history and an evaluation of your condition.  They will then have tests to measure your strength, balance, and functional ability relating to your diagnosis. They may provide various manual therapy techniques to address issues found during the evaluation and design a program to start you on the path to wellness. At the end of your first visit, you will be asked to schedule follow-up appointments based on your needs and availability. Most initial evaluations last about one hour, though your session length is dependent upon the nature of your treatment.

What do I need to bring on my initial evaluation?

  • Your Physical or Occupational Therapy prescription
  • Insurance cards
  •  Drivers License or Photo ID
  • Complete medical history and a list of your medications (New Patient Forms are available for download here)
  • Minors must have a parent or guardian with them, unless documented verbal authorization has been previously received
  • Wear comfortable clothing that you can move easily in

What insurance do you accept and what should I expect to pay?

We accept most  insurance plans.  Medicare covers 80% and if you have a secondary plan they typically cover the other 20%. Before your first appointment, we thoroughly research your insurance plan and review your benefits with you so you can arrive already informed of any costs and/or visit limitations.  As a courtesy we will file all insurance claims for you. Some plans require a co-pay or have a deductible that you will be asked to pay at each visit.  Please see our insurance page for further details.

Physical therapy has not worked for me in the past, how are you different?

We take pride in everything we do.  We take our time to look at each client’s body, lifestyle, and concerns in order to develop specialized programs tailored to the individual. We continue assessing at each visit and are able to get each patient to reach their goals because we listen and work hard to get them there. A large number of our clients are referred by former patients who have been exceptionally pleased by the attention and care they receive while in our hands. We strongly believe each individual deserves personalized attention beginning with our top-notch customer service at the front desk to the skilled therapists and staff who guide you through individualized programs that bring results.

How often will I come for treatment?

Each patient is evaluated with specific goals set to return them to their highest level of function. Your physician may have specified the number of visits per week he or she would like you to attend therapy or left it open to the therapist. Generally 2-3 times per week is recommended to maximize results.   We will work with your schedule and condition to achieve the best results.

Do I have to go to the therapy clinic my doctor tells me to?

It is the patients choice where they receive therapy. Most physicians will send their patients to therapy that is convenient to their home or work, unless they have financial interest in the establishment.

What does Pelvic Health or Woman’s Health therapy consist of?

BioFeedback, core strengthening, education, electrical stimulation, ergonomic education, home exercise programs, infrared therapy, joint mobilization/manual therapy, laser, manual lymph drainage, massage therapy, neurological education, neuromuscular re-education, pain management, postural re-education, relaxation training, therapeutic exercise and visceral manipulation are all  possible combined therapies to help treat these dysfunctions.